Saturday, August 18, 2007

Faux Painting Marble

There are many different types of marble that one can try to imitate with faux painting. But I have found that on walls, the best type are the simple ones without heavy, numerous viens. It's not because that's the type of marble I prefer, but the kind that has lots of veins just looks too busy when used on large walls. I have one board I show all the time and 9 times out of 10 the customers that want that finish say to me, "Oh, I like that. But without the heavy viens." I guess if I were doing the top of a vanity chest, I would opt for a busy look because you want it to look just like marble. Besides everyone knows that only in king's palaces would one find whole rooms with marble walls. Without the fine grout lines, no one will ever think it's real marble, anyway. So I just use the look as a decorative plus for enhancing the walls of the rooms. Visit my website to see samples of some of the walls I faux painted with a marble look. Bookmark my site as in the near future I plan to make a video showing how to faux paint the walls the way I did. Visit my Faux Painting site and click on gallery at the top. My address is listed in my bio page, too; click on the link.

4 comments:

DoodleBird said...

I'm glad to see you started this blog! I'll be checking back often.

Painter Mommy said...

Hi, I just came across your blog. I am also a faux painter & muralist out of NY. I have been blogging for a few months now. I am starting a second blog with resource info for faux painting, etc. The first thing I noticed was your name "God is 3 in 1. Are you a Christian? I am as well. I hope that we can keep in touch. My website it www.surfaceswithpaint.com My main blog is www.surfaceswithpaint.blogspot.com My second blog that I am still working on is www.surfaceswithpaint.wordpress.com I would love to hear back from you. I am very excited about how much the internet has to offer. God bless you, Dawn Papandrea-Khan

Murals and Faux Painting said...

Hey Patricia,

I recognized your icon. I have it on my resources page. I started this blog but haven't been the best at writing enough. Until now, I haven't had any comments.

I am in the process of doing a couple of more videos. One for marbling and the other for faux wood.

Thanks for the encouragement.

God bless,
Sandy

Murals and Faux Painting said...

Dear Dawn,

Yes, I love Jesus, Father and the precious Holy Spirit. Yes, keep in touch. We can email outside this blog, too.

I am not quite savy myself with all this blogging but will try.

How is business in N.Y.?

I will check out your site as soon as I got a chance. How do you have time to run a business and 2 blogs? lol

God bless,
Sandy